Saturday, March 7, 2015

066/365

Wow I had a hard time figuring out which photo to post for today! I'm submitting a few... The first two were early morning, just as the light hit the frost on the leaves. I wanted to post something green, even if it had frost on it, but I really like the b&w better.
Equipment: Canon EOS 60D, EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS fitted with a 12 mm extension tube
Settings: Manual exposure, 1/8, f/14.0, ISO 200, tripod mounted

Equipment: Canon EOS 60D, EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS fitted with a 12 mm extension tube
Settings: Manual exposure, 0.3, f/5.6, ISO 100, tripod mounted

The shot below is from an ice skating birthday party to which my son was invited. When I saw the invite, I was excited and really wanted to try some longer shutter speed photography so I could get motion blur. Well, I did try it but I don't love the shot. Couldn't use a tripod so I did the best I could given the circumstances. Frankly, it just doesn't do much for me - I think a constant stream of skaters would have turned out better, but I did not have the opportunity. I will try this technique again with headlights at night. And a tripod.

Equipment: Canon EOS 60D, EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Settings: Manual exposure, 2 seconds, f/22, ISO 100, handheld

The shot I love from the party is this one. The birthday girl with one of her gifts, a selfie stick. It's a little grainy (super high ISO so I could have a decent shutter speed), but I love the story it tells.

Equipment: Canon EOS 60D, EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Settings: Manual exposure, 1/125, f/5.6, ISO 3200, handheld




No comments:

Post a Comment