Tuesday, February 3, 2015

034/365

Today would have been my mom's 68th birthday. My son never got to meet her. He is holding one of the few photos I have of her - her senior picture from high school taken with her red mini dachshund, Heidi.  We actually did two rounds of this photo. The first round (done in about 5 minutes, pre-piano lesson) was in front of a black back drop and the shots just looked stiff. For the second round (post-piano lesson), I wanted something more natural so I had him just sit on the steps with the framed picture. It's a bit grainy because I had to crank up the ISO as I was losing daylight, but I'm still happy with the result. I've never seen this boy hold still for so long.

Happy Birthday, Mom. I miss you every day.

Equipment: Canon EOS 60D, EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Settings: Manual exposure, 1/50, f/5.0, ISO 2500, handheld


No comments:

Post a Comment